Lexus Frequently Asked Questions and Answers
A: This question comes up quite often. Lexus recommends using Unleaded Fuel in every model, but the minimum octane rating or fuel grade will vary by Lexus model and sometimes by model year. Below is a list of Lexus models with their respective fuel requirements. For older models, we recommend referencing your owner’s manual or going to LEXUSDRIVERS.COM.
Regular Unleaded Fuel Requirement – 87 Octane
- Lexus CT 200h – all model years (2011 – 2017)
- Lexus ES 300h – all model years (2013 or newer)
- Lexus ES 350 – 2012 model year or newer & 2005 ES 330
- Lexus NX 300h – all model years (2015 or newer)
- Lexus RX 350 – 2012 or newer model years & 2005 RX 330
- Lexus HS 250h – all model years (2011-2012)
- Lexus LX 470 – 2005 – 2006 model years**
- Lexus GX 470 – 2005 model year**
Premium Unleaded Fuel Requirement – 87 Octane
- Lexus GS 200t & GS 300 – all model years (2016 or newer)
- Lexus GS 350 – all model years
- Lexus GS F – all model years
- Lexus GX 460 – all model years
- Lexus IS 200t – all model years (2016 or newer)
- Lexus IS 250 & IS 250c – all model years
- Lexus IS 300 – all model years (2016 or newer)
- Lexus IS 350 & IS 350c – all model years
- Lexus IS F – all model years
- Lexus LS 500 – all model years (includes LS 400, LS 430, LS 460 models)
- Lexus LS 500h – all model years (includes LS 600hl)
- Lexus LX 570 – all model years
- Lexus NX 200t & NX 300- all model years
- Lexus RC – all model years
- Lexus RC F- all model years
- Lexus RX 450h – all model years
- Lexus LC 500 – all model years
- Lexus SC 430 – all model years
- Lexus RX 350 & RX 330 – 2011 – 2006 Models**
- Lexus ES 350 & ES 330 – 2011 – 2006 Models**
A: Your Lexus has 3 buttons available to be programmed to operate 3 different devices. Programming methods vary by device so if these instructions do not work for you, or you would like extra assistance, please call our Vehicle Technology Specialist at Lexus Dominion. For anyone wanting to DIY, here’s how to program your garage door opener to the HomeLink System in your Lexus.
- Press and release the HomeLink button you want to program inside your Lexus. Once pressed, the indicator light on your rear view mirror should start to flash orange.
- Point then press your remote control transmitter at the button you just pressed on the rear view mirror of your Lexus. You want to be 1-3 inches from the buttons and make sure you keep the indicator lights in view since they will tell you if your programming was successful.
- Keep holding down the remote control transmitter – that’s still pointed toward the HomeLink buttons in your Lexus – until you see the indicator light change from slowly flashing orange to rapidly flashing green (rolling code) or continuously lit green (fixed code). Once you see the green light, you can release the button on your remote.
If you have a Rolling Code (Overhead Door, Genie, etc.) then you’ll have a few more steps to complete registration. Once you complete the above steps, go inside your garage and secure a step ladder, if needed. Locate the “Learn” or similar button on the garage door opener motor and press it. Once pressed, you will need to safely, but quickly, go back inside your Lexus to press and hold the same HomeLink button you programmed earlier on the rear view mirror. Press the button for about 2 seconds then release it. Repeat this press and release sequence up to 3 times or until you see your garage door start to go up or down.
A: The following Lexus vehicles are compatible with Apple CarPlay:
- 2019 LC
- 2019 RC
- 2019 LS
- 2019 UX
- 2019 ES with Navigation Package, and select models* with the Lexus Multimedia System
- 2019 RC F* (select models)
- 2019 NX* (select models)
A: The following Lexus vehicles, equipped with the Gen 10 multimedia systems can now receive a complimentary software update that will give them Apple CarPlay and Amazon Alexa compatibility. Please know that an appointment is needed for installation as the install takes about an hour to complete.
- 2018 LC
- 2018 LS
- 2018 RC
- 2018 NX
- 2019 ES (built before October)
- 2019 NX (built before October)
- 2019 RC F (built before October)
A: The Lexus model line-up receives multimedia updates throughout the year, so we are confident that every Lexus will eventually have on-board Wi-Fi. As of right now, the 2018 and newer Lexus NX, RC and LS all offer Wi-Fi with 1 year of complimentary service. The 2019 ES 350, ES 300h as well as the LC coupe and all-new UX also offer this convenient service.
A: If you’re listening to a CD disc, DVD – cars with navigation, USB connected device, iPod, Bluetooth Audio or music from APPS you can pause the music or audio you are playing by pressing and holding the MODE button on your steering wheel for 0.8 seconds or more. If you’re listening to the radio or music streaming from the AUX plug then you can mute the audio by performing the same task.
A: You’ll need go to LexusDrivers.com and login. You can do this via the LEXUSDRIVERS.COM website or the new Lexus Drivers app. Once you’re logged in, click on the Rewards and Events tab. Scroll through the many owner rewards and select the one you’d like to redeem. Click on the Redemption button and follow the instructions. Voila!
A: The new model launch calendar for Lexus can and does vary from year to year so it is important to check in with your Lexus dealer for a more exact ETA on the new Lexus model you’re waiting on. For anyone wanting to know when the new model releases, special editions and 2020 models arrive, we have that information for you here. Be sure to check back often as the Lexus production schedule and arrival dates will start rolling in every month.
- 2020 NX – Available Now
- 2020 RC F – Available Now
- 2020 LC 500 – In Production – Available to Reserve Now
- 2020 RX – Production begins in August
- 2020 GX – Production begins in August
- 2020 LX – Production begins in August
- Lexus LC Convertible – Summer 2020!
A: F-SPORT refers to the Lexus F-SPORT Package that is available on various models including the Lexus IS, LS, GS, NX, RC, RX and CT. The F-SPORT Package gives select Lexus models a distinct, high-performance look and feel with exclusive F-SPORT features including suspension, interior and exterior upgrades. You can determine if a Lexus has the F-SPORT Package by looking for these exclusive F-SPORT features:
- Unique F-SPORT Front Grille
- All Black Headliner
- F-SPORT exterior badging
- Perforated Leather Trimmed Steering Wheel & Shift Knob with F-SPORT badging
- Aluminum Sport Pedals
- Metallic Trim
- Bolstered Sport Seats