How To: Phone Operations in your Lexus
Lexus keeps you connected while on the road, but what do you do if you have trouble operating some of these useful features and can’t make it by our dealership for assistance? Below is a quick guide on some basic phone operations and what to do if you come across any of these possible scenarios in your Lexus.
What to do if…
When Registering/Connecting a Cell Phone
A Bluetooth connection cannot be made. AKA, your phone or iPod is not connecting.
- Another Bluetooth device is already connected.
- Bluetooth function is not enabled on your cell phone.
- Automatic Bluetooth connection on the system is set to “off”.
- Preferred device settings function on this system is set to “on”.
- Manually connect the phone you want to use to the system.
- Turn on the Bluetooth function on your cell phone.
- Set automatic Bluetooth connection on the car’s system to “On” when the engine is in accessory mode or turned on.
- Set preferred device setting function on the car’s system to “OFF”. You can also set the desired cell phone to the highest automatic connection priority.
You may be wondering how you set any device to have the highest automatic connection priority? Well, we have the answers for you…
- Press the “MENU” button on your Remote Touch Device then select “SETUP”.
- Select “BLUETOOTH” then “SYSTEM SETTINGS” then “PREFERRED DEVICE SETTINGS”.
- Select the desired/preferred device under “Preferred Phones” or “Preferred Device”- whichever one you want to select as the priority device for either (or both) the phone and audio player.
A cellular phone cannot be registered.
- An incorrect passcode was entered on the cell phone.
- The registration operation has not been completed on the cell phone side of connection.
- Old registration information remains on either the system or the cell phone.
- Enter the correct passcode on the cell phone (duh).
- Complete the registration operation on the cell phone (approve registration on the phone- select YES on Android pop-up that you want to connect/register with the car’s system).
- Delete the existing registration information from both the car’s system and the cell phone, then register the cell phone you want connected to the car’s Bluetooth system.
What to do if…
When using the Bluetooth Message Function
Messages cannot be viewed.
- Message transfer is not enabled on the cell phone.
- Automatic transfer function on the car’s system is set to “Off”.
- Enable message transfer on the cell phone (approve message transfer- then click the box for “do not ask me again”).
- Set automatic transfer function on the car’s system to “On”.
To set the automatic transfer function to “On” you can reference page 335 of the RX Owner’s manual or check out the instructions below.
- Go to the Phone Settings Screen
- Select “Messaging”
- Select the desired item to be set.
For additional help and to view informative How-To Videos on every Lexus, we highly recommend downloading the MyLexus and Beyond app. You can also swing by North Park Lexus at Dominion for a personal tutorial from our Vehicle Technology Specialist.