Lexus Multimedia System Updates
Did you know you can now download and update your Lexus multimedia system yourself? Easily accessible from the Lexus Drivers site, Lexus owners can select their model and multimedia system from a drop-down menu then follow the instructions on how to update their Lexus multimedia system without having to make a trip to the dealership.
The multimedia update itself appears to be pretty simple. All you need is a blank 2GB or larger USB Flash Drive and a computer. Here are the steps as outlined by Lexus for a 2015 RC 350 with Navigation…
- Insert USB Flash Drive in Computer.
- Once on the site (click here to go to the site now) and you have your vehicle selected, click DOWNLOAD.
- Choose “SAVE” to download the file to the default “DOWNLOADS” folder on your computer.
- After download is complete, copy the file to the USB Flash Drive.
- Check file is on the USB Drive after the download is complete. Note: IF the file is not on the USB Flash Drive, check the downloads folder.
- Click on Vehicle Installation Instructions to access directions on how to apply the software update to your vehicle. You can also print, email or view a tutorial video on the installation process.
- Take the USB Flash Drive to your vehicle and keep it parked in a well-ventilated open area outside, suitable for running the engine (safety first!), not in an enclosed structure such as a garage. Note: the entire process may take up to 15 minutes.
- Start the engine. After the LEXUS emblem is displayed on the navigation screen, you can then insert the USB Flash Drive into the vehicle USB port. Wait for the start-up image to cycle through or wait until you see your map on the NAV screen before putting in the drive.
- Press SETUP- to get to SETUP you will first press the MENU button on your remote touch for the car’s navigation system, then select SETUP from the navigation menu.
- Select GENERAL.
- Select Software Update (you may need to scroll down to view this option) then select UPDATE, again.
- Once on the Software Update screen, you will then select UPDATE SOFTWARE that is at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen. IF this is grayed-out then you do not need to update the system since the software on the USB Drive is the same as or older version than what’s already on your Lexus Multimedia system.
- When “the software is ready to update.” displays, shut off the engine then, start the engine again. DO NOT Remove the USB Flash Drive from the vehicle USB port since the software is now downloading.
- Software Update Complete! Once your navigation screen pops up then you will know the update is complete. You can now remove the USB Drive and shut off the engine or go about the rest of your day.
You can also swing by North Park Lexus at Dominion to have us update your system for you or call our Vehicle Technology Specialist for additional instruction.
Click here to see if your Lexus can be updated via software downloaded from your computer.